Check Your Feet! You May Be Standing On Skin Cancer

At the corporation where I provide healthcare (massage) services to the employees, they have wellness weeks several times a year. One of the things they offer is free skin cancer screenings. However, they are not thorough enough to be confident you are in the clear.

A proper body check done by a dermatologist in the privacy of the office should include EVERYWHERE. This includes the scalp, the bottoms of the feet and between the toes and also your private areas.

Feet

What I want to bring to your attention in this article is your feet. More specifically, the bottoms of your feet.

Check Your Feet! You May Be Standing On Skin Cancer

What would normally look like an ordinary mole (smaller than 6mm, even color and shape, flat) on another part of the body like your arm, face, or torso, can be something like melanoma if on the soul of your foot.

I've recently had three clients in the last week have possible melanomas on their feet. One client did have them. In fact, she was the one who brought this to my attention. Here I am, a healthcare professional and in 11 years, this is something I just learned. And believe me, I've seen a lot of feet in those 11 years. Needless to say, I went and checked the bottoms of my feet that day.

Remember, I am not saying that a mole or freckle on the bottom of your foot is cancer, but it's not normal for them to be there (verified by my dermatologist) so if you have any, I would HIGHLY recommend getting it checked out very soon by a dermatologist. Melanomas are the fast growing kind of skin cancer you DON'T want to get as they spread quickly and can be fatal.

Check Your Feet! You May Be Standing On Skin Cancer

Ty P Carter is an internet marketing entrepreneur, musician, artist, inventor and lifelong learner. Embracing a wide variety of interests with a focus on excellence and self-discovery, he shares his passion with others in the pursuit of discovering our true nature about ourselves and living with passion and gratitude. [http://www.TheInnerCircleMasters.com]